Change/Extension of Non-immigrant Status

If you want to change the purpose of your visit while in the United States, you (or in some cases your employer) must file a request with USCIS on the appropriate form before your authorized stay expires.  For instance, if you arrived here as a worker but want to become a student, you must submit an application to change your status.  In general, you may change your nonimmigrant status if you were lawfully admitted to the United States with a nonimmigrant visa, your nonimmigrant visa is still valid, you have not violated the conditions of your status, and you have not committed any crimes which would make you ineligible.

If you believe you need to change your non-immigrant status, or desire to do so, please contact us at 646-395-7997 to make an appointment.